Friday, March 23, 2012

How Can We Keep From Singing?

I remember when I was young, I was always ashamed to sing.  Specifically singing at church.  Because, truth be told, I had to be cool.  I had to make sure that everyone liked me and that I wouldn't stand out as being a dufus.

Now, as an adult, I don't really care what people think of me and I can't stop singing. During the singing time at church, I usually am the one singing too loud.  From time to time, there will be people that will turn around and look at me, smile and turn back around again.  I know it's because I am singing so loud.  They are probably thinking "Bless his heart... He's trying so hard..."

When I listen to myself sing, I do realize that I don't have that great of a voice - but it doesn't stop me.

In 2 Chronicles 30 we read "the Levites and the priests praised the LORD day by day, singing with all their might to the LORD."  Perhaps what we can learn from this is that when we are in worship, we should be singing at the top of our lungs, with all of our strength, to the Lord.

When in worship, let's not hold back in singing to God.  For what else could we do?

No comments:

Post a Comment