Thursday, March 22, 2012

You Are Wanted


"You are wanted."

Those words can build a kingdom. They can shape a soul. 
When spoken to an orphan or a widow, they can transform a heart.

Join me in declaring to orphans and widows everywhere that they are wanted.

On May 12, 2012, I will be running 15.5 miles in the 5/3rd River Bank Run.  Not just so that I can say that I did it, but so that I can raise both awareness and money for an organization that is all about helping both the orphan and the widow.

The James Fund, is a non-profit organization dedicated to meeting the needs of orphans and widows around the world. God's direction and purpose for a mission like this is defined in James 1:27: "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress..."

Would you join me?
Could you join me?

"How?" you may ask.

No worries - I am not asking you to run 15.5 miles with me - although if you want to, you sure can.  I am asking if you would pledge me to run this race.  If you click on this link, it will take you to a form that you can fill out and email back to me.  Or, to make it easier, you could just email me and let me know that you would like to help out.

Thank you for considering this.

John 

No comments:

Post a Comment