Friday, June 19, 2009

The Process...

I received video below from Seth Godin's blog.

Watch the video here.

Honestly, after the first time watching it, I started to feel a little guilty. I kept thinking about how much time I have wasted talking about the things that are incredibly mundane... Yikes.

This video is obviously geared toward people who are in business and the strategies that are involved in launching something new. My question is how does this mirror our efforts within the church?

Think of the programs that we are involved in. BYBC, Sunday School, Small Group, Youth Group, Women's Ministry, Men's Ministry..., etc. The list goes on. How do we busy ourselves with such groups - and perhaps, on occasion forget what the real heart of the matter is.

We all know that it's possible to "program our churches to death." Let us head the warning to not walk down that path. I am not suggesting to abandon our programs, but let's make sure that they don't cover up what truly matters - God dying for His enemies.

This was Paul's approach to the church in Corinth.

And when I came to you, brethren, I did not come with superiority of speech or of wisdom, proclaiming to you the testimony of God. 2 For I determined to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ, and Him crucified. (1 Corinthians 2:1-2).

How about your church? How do you handle the temptation to inflate programs to be bigger than what they really are?

No comments:

Post a Comment